The following photos are just a few of the verious projects successfully designed and completed by Robert A. Arnouts /Architect, LLC!
DAVIES BUILDING, 108 MAIN STREET, FISHKILL, NY, c. 1857 (formerly Fishkill Town Hall).
This building was originally designed as a Federal Style Bank and was later converted to the Second Empire style with the addition of a 2nd floor when this style became popular in the 1870's. The project entailed the adaptive reuse of the building as a real estate office and restoration of the poorly conceived alterations which the building had undergone when it was used as a Town Hall. Arnouts received an Honor Award for Architectural Excellence from the Westchester chapter of the American Institute of Architects for their work on this restoration project.
RESTORATION OF 228 MAIN STREET, FORMER CITY HALL, POUGHKEEPSIE, NY, c. 1831. *
This is the oldest surviving public building in Dutchess County, New York and was acquired by the County for use of the Commissioner of Jurors. Mr. Arnouts worked with the County and the previous owners to obtain a matching grant from the NY State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation under Title 9 of the Environmental Quality Bond Act of 1986. As project architect Arnouts Associates prepared complete construction documents for the exterior restoration of the building. Work included foundation repairs, structural repairs of roof framing and brownstone repairs.
RESTORATION OF ESOPUS MEADOWS LIGHTHOUSE, c. 1870.*
The lighthouse is located in the middle of the Hudson River near the Town of Port Ewen in Ulster County, New York and is the only remaining wood framed lighthouse on the river. The lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the New York State Historic Properties Listing. The project entailed preparation of grant applications for The Maritime Heritage Grant Program and others. The work was designed to be performed in stages as funds became available. Work included investigation of subsoil conditions at the river bottom to determine the cause of settlement of the man-made island and the building's foundations.and install a structural steel frame work to support and level the building as well as pull the first floor post and beam framing back together. Additional work completed and not shown in the photo was repair work to stabalize the man-made island and the building from further frost and water damage. all interior restoration work has also been completed. Mr. Arnouts was instrumental in helping the lighthouse group in purchessing the property from theFfederal Governmentobtain and obtaining a museum charter from the State University of New York.
ST. PAUL'S CHAPEL, OXFORD MD. RESTORATION AND ADAPTIVE RE-USE
The c 1856 with addition in 1882 was heavily damaged by fire. The steeple was completely reconstructed, the entire floor and framing system was replaced. Extensive restoration and replacement of interior finishes were required. The project received a 2009 Heritage award for from Talbot County Historic Society for the restoration work.
PARISH HOUSE, VALLEY FARM ROAD, MILLBROOK, NY c, 1820
Greek Revival Style House. This building was in a state of advanced neglect and in danger of being demolished. The client purchased the building with the intent of moving it from its original site in Alfred, NY to a site in Millbrook, New York, several hundred miles away. Mr. Arnouts provided full documentation of the existing building so that it could be reassembled with alterations, restoration and extensive complimentary additions. The detailing for the additions was carefully coordinated so that the new work blended with and complimented the original building. He also used salvaged materials from other buildings of similar design and vintage when working within the old structure.
ELLIOT HOUSE, VALLEY FARM ROAD, MILLBROOK, NY c. 1811
Federal Style House. This home was located on Main Street in New Berlin, a small town near Cooperstown, New York. The building was of local significance and its proposed demolition for the expansion of an adjoining commercial building caused quite a stir in the community. The client purchased the house with the intent of relocating it to Millbrook, NY. Much of the same procedure outlined for the Parish House above was followed in the restoration of this house.
OFFICE & LABORATORY ADDITION FOR
LaMotte CHEMICAL PRODUCTS CO.
CHESTERTOWN, KENT COUNTY, MD
The project entailed design of a 9,000 sf addition at the Northeast end of existing facilities. The addition houses new administrative offices, conference room, quality control, research and development laboratories and controlled atmosphere production areas. The addition is of structural steel framing with concrete slab on grade, brick and a glass curtain wall facade.
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH
DENTON, CAROLINE COUNTY MARYLAND
This is a new sanctuary addition designed for 250 seating capacity. The existing sanctuary was converted to a fellowship hall. The new church building is masonry and wood frame construction with slab on grade. The Nave is comprised of six bays with gluelam Tudor structural arches for a clear span of seventy five foot. The Narthex and steeple base is wood frame with masonry veneer and the upper steeple and spire are fiberglass. Project is still under construction (May 2016) in the photos.
MEDICAL ARTS BUILDING -
ROUTE 52 FISHKILL, NEW YORK
This building contains six office suites, four at the upper level. It is situated on the side of a hill providing handicap access to both levels. The site is wooded and provides parking for 75 cars.
The building is structural steel frame with steel bar joists and metal decks for floor and roof. The exterior walls are brick veneer over lightweight metal studs. Spanderal panels over windows and the fascia at the roof line are of lightweight metal framing with applied cement finish.
RECREATION OF A Victorian Summer Cottage c1895.
The original 2,700 sf. cottage was located on several acres in Elka Park, a private gated community developed for wealthy industrialists in the Catskills in the 1890's. The building was destroyed by fire. This recreation was constructed on the same site and the design was based on photographs and the memories of area residents. The new building remained as faithful to the original design as possible while incorporating new amenities in the kitchen and bathrooms. Careful attention was paid to authentic recreation of details and finishes.
POUGHKEEPSIE HOUSING AUTHORITY
ADMINISTRATION & MAINTENANCE BUILDING
New construction on a vacant lot in the city of Poughkeepsie. First floor level of the building is constructed of light gauge steel framing. Roof structure is of light gauge steel trusses and finished with a standing seam metal roof. Floor construction is concrete over corrugated metal deck and steel bar joists. Lower level is poured in place concrete.
First floor is used for administrative office and the lower level houses maintenance office, shop, storage and a two bay garage.
PROFESSIONAL BUILDING,WAPPINGER FALLS, NEW YORK
This building is a two story masonry and wood framed structure. The uppe level is occupied by the owners and the lower level is tenan space. Each floor is designed as an independent office suite. The upper level has a sloped cathedral ceiling with clearstory glass area near the ridge..
We look forward to talking with you about your project.
Robert A. Arnouts /Architect, LLC
28009 Waverly Rd
Phone: 410-822-1677 410-822-1677
Or use our contact form.
Take a look at our completed projects to get a better idea of our capabilities and performance quality.